The characteristics of stainless steel heat treatment
The heat treatment of stainless steel is to change its physical properties, mechanical properties, residual stress and restore the anti-corrosion ability that is seriously affected by pre-processing and heating, in order to obtain the best performance of stainless steel or enable stainless steel to be further cold and hot processed. The so-called heat treatment is to perform corresponding annealing, quenching and tempering, and normalizing for different types of stainless steels. Stainless steel is a special type of steel. The content of nickel and chromium in steel is very high. Due to the presence of alloying elements such as nickel and chromium, the heat treatment of stainless steel forgings has characteristics that ordinary steel does not have:
- High heating temperature and relatively long heating time
- Stainless steel has low thermal conductivity and poor temperature uniformity at low temperatures.
- The austenitic stainless steel has high temperature expansion.
- The atmosphere control in the furnace is very important. It is necessary to prevent carburizing, nitriding, decarburization and peroxidation.
- The surface gloss of stainless steel has a decisive influence on the use and price of the product. The iron oxide scale generated during heat treatment will seriously affect the surface gloss.
- Make sure to avoid scratches on the stainless steel surface and prevent deformation during heat treatment.
The above are the characteristics of stainless steel heat treatment. In addition, stainless steel can be divided into austenite, martensite and ferrite according to its structure (in addition to precipitation hardening, ferrite austenite, etc.) The heat treatment is not the same for both the treatment method and the purpose.If you want to know more about our piping products, you can email to us:firstname.lastname@example.org